Cream of Winter Squash and Pan-Fried Escalope of Goose Foie Gras D'oie
Ingredients to serve 4
- 4 frozen escalopes of Goose Foie Gras
- 400 g of squash flesh
- 20 cl fresh cream
- 200 g button mushrooms
- 1 clove of garlic (optional)
- 1 knob of butter
- Olive oil
- Salt, pepper
- Peel the squash and cut into cubes.
- Brown the chopped shallots in a saucepan with the butter and then add the crushed garlic and squash cubes. Brown and then add enough water to just cover the preparation. Salt lighty and cook for 15 to 20 minutes. Blend and add fresh cream to your taste.
- Cut the mushrooms into thin slices and brown them in olive oil until they nicely coloured. Set aside and keep hot.
- Pan-fry the escalopes of Foie Gras, season with salt and pepper. To cook perfectly, fry them gently for 1 minute on each side.
- To finish, pour the cream of squash into soup plates and sprinkle with the slithers of mushrooms. Finally place the escalope of Foie Gras in the middle of the plate and decorate with some chives. Serve while still hot.
Recipe developed by Materne Koestel, former chef of the House of Edouard Artzner.