Artichoke soup foie gras and goose breast chips
Ingredients (4 people):
* 6 purple artichoke hearts
* 1 medium-sized potato
* 1 small carrot
* 1 vegetable stock cube
* 1 onion
* 1 slice of duck foie gras
* 10cl of liquid cream
* 12 slices of smoked goose breast
1. Remove the artichoke hearts and set its aside in lemon water to prevent its from turning black.
2. Peel and chop the onion, peel and slice the carrot, peel and dice the potato and fry for a few minutes in hot olive oil in a pan.
3. Add water to the pan - add the stock cube, salt and pepper and let to cook on a low heat about 20 minutes.
4. Once the vegetables are cooked - remove some of the cooking water. Add the cream and a slice of foie gras (about 15g). Blend together - add more cooking water if necessary to achieve the desired texture.
5. Bake the slices of smoked goose breast between two sheets of baking paper in a hot oven at 180° about 15 minutes.
6. Take its out and let its cool to a room temperature.
7. Just before serving, place some diced foie gras on your velouté and some slices of duck breast.
A recipe suggested by our partner blogger @sarahtatouilledanssacuisin