Duck Foie Gras with reinette apples flambeed with Marc de Gewurztraminer
Ingredients for 10 people
- 1 piece of raw Duck Foie Gras (500 g)
- 15 g of spiced salt
- 1 Reinette apple
- 2 cl Marc de Gewurztraminer
- 11 pinches of cinnamon
- 3 gr caster sugar
- 1 knob of butter
- 15 cl chicken stock base
The day before:
- Cut the apple into 2 then into about ten 5 mm slices.
- In a buttered frying pan, cook the slices of apple on both sides until they colour.
- Remove from the heat and sprinkle with the sugar and cinnamon, then flambé with the Marc de Gewurztraminer. Leave to cool and set aside in the refrigerator.
- Finally, prepare your Foie Gras: devein and season the raw Duck Foie Gras with the spiced salt and set aside in the refrigerator.
The next day:
- Roll the Foie Gras into a cylinder or sausage shape about 5-6 cm in diameter.
- Cut this "sausage" lengthways and place 70 g of your apple preparation on one of the cut surfaces. Place the apple preparation in the middle, leaving 1 cm on either side.
- Close the sausage up again with the other half of the Foie Gras to reform the cylinder. Roll your Foie Gras in a cloth and tie up with string at both ends.
- In a saucepan, heat the white stock base to 70°C and plunge in the Foie Gras wrapped in the cloth. Cook for 50 minutes (at 70°C). Leave to cool.
- When your Foie Gras has hardened, delicately remove the cloth and roll your preparation in cling film ensuring no air is trapped inside. Consume within 3 days.